I changed my mind about creativity? Why?
It was my belief that creativity is a natural, God-given gift, either you have it or you don’t.
After this time of research about creativity, I’ve learned it can also be an acquired talent!
Daisa Catalina wrote “It is very important to become aware of the fact that you are creative on a daily basis.” (Article Source: http://Ezine Articles.com/7450037)
Perhaps you are of the opinion that no one is interested in anything you could possible say. I’m not creative, you say to your self. How could I possibly write, paint, sculpt or do anything creative? Remember, anytime you figure out a way to do some thing differently, you are being creative.
Suggestions for improving your creativity…
1. Prepare for your cutting edge creativity – nothing happens without planning of some type, this includes creativity. ”Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.” Edward de Bono from Brainy Quotes
2. Become more aware of your surroundings – I remember vividly when I first painted a tree. The many different shapes within shapes, sizes, shadows and highlights were overwhelming.
3. Experiment with visibility borders – Do you have a sanctuary in your home or studio? Go there for a quiet minute, take your sketch pad and concentrate on the subject that you are drawing, painting or sculpting. See your project from the end.
4. Visualize your project as complete. Keep in mind pigment colors that duplicate well when printing. Think about sizes that will sell well and decide if you want to sell the original or make gicle’es.
5. Keep a journal of your creative ideas – List colors that have worked for you in the past, in mats and framing.
If you would like to read more about creativity then visit http://www.valleofyellowcreekartstudioblog.com/use-your-imaginationstretch-your-creativity
Have you joined me at http://Facebook.com/WatercolorPaintingSuccess yet? Please like and share the page, if you feel you can.